CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!
Congrats to the winners of our recent Ratt giveaway! All have scored a copy of the band’s new CD, Infestation; in addition, our Grand Prize winner also took home an autographed Ratt guitar and a personal phone call from Ratt guitar maestro Warren DeMartini!
Grand Prize Winner
WBZA 98.9 The Buzz
Brian’s winning entry:
1) I have every album/cassette tape/CD ever made including live in-concert editions. This includes the Ratt EP, Out Of The Cellar, Invasion Of Your Privacy, Detonator, Dancing Undercover, Reach For The Sky, Ratt ‘n’ Roll, Nobody Rides For Free, Infestation, Tell The World-The Very Best Of Ratt, Ratt (1999), Ratt The Essentials, Ratt Collage…I can’t think of anymore right now cause I am at work writing this!
2) I have an mp3 player with every album on it so I can take my Ratt music with me everywhere I go.
3) I have an original single called “Dr. Rock” / “Drivin’ on E” from their early “Mickey Ratt” days of playing at shows in L.A. clubs. Won on eBay.
4) Wanted to name my son either Stephen (after Stephen Pearcy), Warren (after Warren DeMartini) or Robert (after Bobby Blotzer), but my wife is a tougher woman than I am and would not have it.
5) I attended their 1983 Out Of The Cellar concert at the age of nine. My parents let me stay the night at a friend’s house whose uncle bought us the tickets and took us to the show. It was the only way I could have gone because my parents would have said, “NO WAY, YOU’RE NINE YEARS OLD!”
6) I bought the black velvet 1983 tour jacket while at the concert with the money I made from mowing lawns and I still have it today. It hangs in my closet. I would still be wearing it if it would fit.
7) I have all their autographs.
8) I have Tawny Kitaen’s autograph on my Ratt EP cassette tape because those are her smokin’ hot legs!
9) I have “Dance, Dance, Dance” on my workout CD.
10) I have a Ratt desktop background on my computer.
11) Saw Ratt @ Darien Lakes, NY featuring Stephen Pearcy. Poison was also part of the concert. I had 3rd row seats.
12) I’ve mastered “Round and Round” on Guitar Hero.
13) I have a rare Ratt vintage 1980’s transparent sticker and various other memorabilia in the same safe as my marriage license.
(19) Additional CD Winners:
Mark Bates – Warren, OH – WRQK 106.9
Jeffrey Cassell – Marietta, PA – WTPA 93.5
Cheryl Clark – Mount Vernon, OH – WXXR 98.3 The Fox
Debbie Converse – Harveyville, KS – KQRC 98.9 The Rock
Robert Dugan – Canton, OH – WRQK 106.9
John Gatto – Bethel, CT – WRKI 95.1 I-95
Steve Haynie – Easlet, SC – WROQ 101.1 Rock 101
Dan Hudgins – Baltimore, MD – WIYY 97.9 98-Rock
Donnie Jimenez – Ronkonkoma, NY – WRCN 103.9
Ronnie Krzyzanowski – Manistee, MI – WMTE Kool 101.5
Andy Lozano – Coppell, TX – KBRQ 102.5 The Bear
Trevor Madry – Battle Creek, MI – WJXQ 106.1 Q-106
Linda Parlett – Huntingdon, PA – Online Listener
Robin Robbins – Springfield, MO – KXUS 97.3 US-97
Scott Roberge – Biddeford, ME – WHEB 100.3
Chris Seamans – Peoria, AZ – KDKB 93.3
Kevin Stearns – Beaverton, OR – KFBW 105.9 The Brew
Kaylie Wilson – Bethune, SC – WMXT 102.1 The Fox
Ashley Withers – Baton Rouge, LA – WKBU 95.7 The Bayou
Prizes should arrive within 3 weeks of posted winner names.
Thanks to ALL the HOH and Metal Fans who entered the contest!
– Dee and the House of Hair Team!
House of Hair mainstays and friends Ratt are back with a new studio album “Infestation”. The HOH has copies of the CD for you, along with one grand prize of 1) an autographed Fender Squier guitar, and 2) a personal phone call to our Grand Prize winner from Ratt guitarist Warren DeMartini. If you liked Ratt “then”, you’re gonna love this new CD. It’s all there – Pearcy’s killer vocals, Warren’s shredding, and the addition of Carlos Cavazo, who seems to have made one of the best transitions in rock.
It’s no secret that RATT are back and raring to go. The band is proud to announce April 20, 2010 as the release date for their Loud & Proud debut, “Infestation”, an 11-song opus that is their first studio record in 11 years. The first single, “Best of Me” is available at all digital stores.
ENTER TO WIN: Contest Entry Form
There’s been a flurry of activity in the RATT camp in the past few years. Vocalist Stephen Pearcy has returned to the fold and the band has since signed to Loud & Proud/Roadrunner. The legendary Los Angeles rock squad, also featuring guitarist Warren DeMartini, drummer Bobby Blotzer, bassist Robbie Crane and new guitarist Carlos Cavazo, engineered Hollywood’s much-heralded Sunset Strip sound in the 1980s.
“We wanted this to be like something that we would have written right after [1984’s] ‘Out of the Cellar’,” Pearcy said. “We definitely went back to basics with the mindset of a band with a lot of excitement and some great songs to get out.”
“Infestation” was produced by Elvis Baskette (CHEVELLE, ALTER BRIDGE) at his Virginia studio, marking the first time the band has recorded outside of Los Angeles. The album is full of attitude and of reflection, cycling through a range of emotions. There are party anthems that RATT are known for alongside more contemplative, thoughtful tunes.
“It took 10 years to get back to where we are now, but we’re in a good place,” Pearcy told Noisecreep. “It wasn’t overnight. It took a therapist here and there. It took opening those wounds and stitching them again and closing them. And it’s still going on. But we’re older now and it’s a business, and we’ve gotten to where we can work together again and make great music.”
“I guess I was always hoping that we would settle our differences and get back to work,” added DeMartini. “Our problems weren’t about our sound or anything. The differences kind of continue to this day, but with the help of our manager and time, we’ve been able to get some distance from the emotions and create a platform we could both live with to continue from.”
“Infestation” track listing:
01. Eat Me Up Alive
02. Best of Me
03. A Little Too Much
04. Look Out Below
05. Last Call
06. Lost Weekend
07. As Good as it Gets
08. Garden of Eden
09. Take a Big Bite
10. Take Me Home
11. Don’t Let Go
Stephen Pearcy on several key “Infestation” tracks:
Best of Me: “You always think the grass is greener on the other side, but in fact it isn’t. So you’re letting someone know ‘you’re the best thing I got, but I had to go fuck around to figure it out.’ It’s one of those you don’t know what you got till it’s gone kind of things. With me, I go through this shit every day. I’m married one day, then I’m not, but I am.”
Look Out Below: “That’s your good old relationship song, but I think when I said, ‘There’s no one better when you’re on your knees.’ It’s saying, ‘Yeah, that sex thing is good. But [at the same time], somebody’s gonna get dead if I find out they’re in my turf fucking my woman.'”
A Little Too Much: “I was doing too much of bad things and losing a lot of good things, and I think with this song I was trying to kind of let the other person know what was going on. And at the same time, it’s kind of me talking to myself: ‘You say let’s stop, I say let’s go. You say it’s hot, I say it’s cold.'”
Garden of Eden: “Again, that’s a place I was at to where I was unsure about my relationship to the point where there wasn’t one for a while, even during the record. Even though I’m married, there was no relationship. So that song dabbles in that. It’s saying, ‘Here’s my good place. Here’s my garden of Eden.’ But in this place there’s lots of weird shit.”
For More Info check out these websites:
What do you win?
20 Winners each get:
One (1) copy of the new Ratt CD “Infestation”.
AND… 1 Grand Prize Winner also gets:
an autographed Fender Squier guitar signed by all members of the band, and a personal phone call from Ratt guitarist Warren DeMartini!
How to Enter:
Fill in the Entry Form.ONE ENTRY PER PERSON ONLY, please. Incomplete entries will be tossed out – all address fields, station (or how you heard about the contest) field, and name fields must be 100% complete! Just tell us why you’re the ultimate Ratt fan, and why you MUST be the winner chosen to talk to Warren DeMartini on the phone!
How we choose the winner:
Only entries received by 4/21/10 will be considered. The HOH staff and prize team will choose the Grand Prize winner. Entries will be judged on honesty, creativity, sincerity and who we think truly deserves this awesome prize! Convince us that the ONLY person we could possibly pick to win is YOU!!
Contest Start Date: Monday, April 5, 2010
Contest End Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at midnight
Did I win? Winners will be announced FIRST in the HOH newsletter and then on the website.
The contest is open to residents of the USA and CANADA only.
Register for our weekly spam-free HOH Newsletter
Questions? Email us at email@example.com