Huge congrats to HOH listener LISA BERGER who has won passage on this year’s ShipRocked 2009 cruise! Lisa and her husband Phil listen to the the HOH faithfully on 105.7 WBWR “The Brew” in Columbus, Ohio and are already setting up babysitters for their 3 kids so they can ditch them and have an “adults only” great time!
Lisa and hubby will be taking a VIP cruise to the islands and headbanging en route to live concerts from Queensryche, Skid Row, Tesla and more. They’ll be flying to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, checking onto their luxury liner and setting sale in a deluxe cabin with an ocean view and 24 hour partying all the way to Jamaica (with a couple of stops along the way!). Check out Lisa’s winning entry, below!
Queensryche heard they were coming and have already rolled out the red carpet. The HOH caught up with them just this week at their show in Stamford, CT (where they ROCKED the new American Soldier CD) and they sent their best!
Queensryche (L-R): Scott Rockenfield, Eddie Jackson, new guitarist Parker Lundgren, Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, and new keyboardist/vocalist Jason Ames
If you didn’t win but would still like to go, get all the info over at their website, www.getshiprocked.com.
The House of Hair…sending listeners all over the world in pursuit of metal just ‘cause we feel like it! ShipRocked, Rocklahoma, Monster Circus…what else do we have up our sleeve? You’re just gonna have to wait…we’re always full of surprises!!
ShipRocked Winning Entry
from WBWR/Columbus, OH listener Lisa Berger:
“When my husband and I first met, our first common interest was rock-n-roll. We’d talked for hours about our favorite bands and our first gifts to each other were concert tickets to various heavy metal bands, including Queensryche. Since then, we got married and have 3 lovely children but not a moment to spare to spend together other than our Sat. night ritual of listening to House of Hair and having a beer or two while the kids watch a movie. I would like to get shiprocked with my husband and go down memory lane. We’ve seen Tesla and Queensryche in the past years but are way over due to see them again. Actually the last time we saw Queensryche was in Columbus, OH at least 7 years ago and the biggest bummer was that Geoff Tate had a sore throat and only sang 3 songs then had to cancel the rest of the show. We totally understand his dilemma but we were really looking forward to the show. Since our kids have been born (our oldest is almost ten years old), we had “gotten away” from them once when my husband had his 20th year high school reunion this summer for one overnight. (Actually we had two other overnights if you count when we had our second and third child at the hospital which I do not count!)
House of hair, please help us rekindle our heavy metal love for each other!”
Thanks to ALL the HOH and Metal Fans who entered the contest!
– Dee and the House of Hair Team!
Get ShipRocked and Win a 5-Day Cruise for Two to Jamaica and Grand Cayman!!
The House of Hair has teamed up with ShipRocked to give away an all expenses paid trip for two to hang out on the high-seas on the way to Jamaica and Grand Cayman with Queensryche, Tesla, Skid Row, EndeverafteR, Lynam, StoneRider and more! You and a friend can win your flights, hotel, an oceanview balcony stateroom, and even a couple of VIP passes for this amazing floating music festival in November 2009! If you have any doubt that you’ll have a great time, check out our past HOH winner of the Motley Cruise, right here!
ShipRocked is an unparalleled five-day rock and roll music cruise, with on-board performances by Queensryche, Skid Row, EndeverafteR, Lynam, StoneRider, and even more major artists being announced soon! Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 15, 2009, ShipRocked will sail to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, before returning on November 20th.
ShipRocked is truly the ultimate rock and roll vacation and backstage pass!
All these cruises sell out, so if you’d like to guarantee your booking, tickets to the general public are on-sale now via the cruise website at www.getshiprocked.com, or by calling (877) 855-5502! Pricing for ShipRocked begins at only $599 per passenger, with early booking discounts and exclusive VIP packages available.
Throughout ShipRocked, everyone will feel like a rock-star, as guests will bask in both sun and luxury on-board MSC’s Poesia.
The Poesia is the third spectacular vessel in the MSC Cruise Line’s “Musica” family of ships – and ShipRocked will christen it in our own special way during it’s first week of service in the US & Caribbean. This amazing super-liner features MSC Cruise Line’s signature Italian inspired decor, impeccable service, sumptuous cuisine in multiple restaurants, beautiful swimming pools, hot tubs, a full-service spa and fitness center.
ENTER TO WIN: Contest Entry Form
What do you win?
1 GRAND PRIZE Winner gets:
One Grand Prize winner and a Guest receive a trip for two on the ShipRocked Cruise on MSC Cruise Lines!
The five day Cruise departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 15, 2009. ShipRocked will sail on board the MSC Poesia to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, before returning on November 20, 2009!
The grand prize includes:
1) Airfare to/from Ft. Lauderdale for 2 people.
2) Hotel (if needed) in Ft. Lauderdale) on 11/14/2009
– 1 room, double occupancy.
3) One oceanview balcony stateroom (double occupancy) on the
ShipRocked MSC Cruise Line.
4) VIP passes.
ENTER TO WIN: Contest Entry Form
How to Enter:
Fill in the Entry Form here. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON ONLY, please. Duplicates will be tossed out. Tell us in 100 words or less why you’ve got to “Get ShipRocked with the House of Hair”!!
PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize winner and Guest must be residents of the Continental U.S. and 21 years of age or older – no exceptions. Other Grand Prize winner rules are listed below in the Additional Contest Rules section.
How we choose the winner:
Only entries received by January 14, 2009 will be considered. The HOH staff and prize team will choose the Grand Prize winner. Entries will be judged on honesty, creativity, sincerity and who we think truly deserves this awesome prize! Convince us that the ONLY person we could possibly pick to win is YOU!!
Contest Start Date: Monday, December 1st, 2008
Contest End Date:Wednesday, January 14th, 2009 at midnight
Did I win? Winners will be announced FIRST in the HOH newsletter and one week later on the website. Register for our weekly spam-free HOH Newsletter.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
This contest is open to residents of the USA ONLY.
Grand Prize winner and guest will have to sign legal disclaimer. Major rules include:
1. Grand Prize winner and guest must live in the Continental United States.
2. Grand Prize winner and guest must be 21 or over – no exceptions! Faxed copies of driver’s licenses or other official ID will be required if you are picked as the winner. Grand Prize winner and guest will also need to supply social security numbers for tax purposes. Winner and guest must have/be able to get a valid U.S. passport.
3. Grand Prize winner and guest must originate flights from the same airport within the Continental U.S. Grand Prize winner and guest must be able to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and provide proper legal ID to the airline and to ShipRocked/MSC Cruise Line.
4. Lodging is one (1) oceanview balcony stateroom, double occupancy on the cruise. In the event the winner is chosen from a place in the U.S. necessitating a flight one day prior to the cruise, one (1) hotel room, double occupancy, will be provided in Ft. Lauderdale on the night prior to the cruise departure. Hotel will be chosen by our ShipRocked/MSC Cruise Line sponsor at their discretion.
5. ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION TO and FROM THE FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TO and FROM THE CRUISE SHIP AND POSSIBLY TO AND FROM THE HOTEL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. So, the winner must be able to rent a car and have a valid driver’s license OR instead pay their own way on the airport and/or hotel shuttles and/or city taxi to/from ship and hotel.
6. All applicable local, state, federal and international laws apply.
7 . Prize is non-transferable, non-substitutable and has NO cash value in the event of trip cancellation for ANY REASON.