U2‘s The Edge and producer Bob Ezrin, co-founders of Music Rising, have announced “Guitar Icons: A Musical Instrument Auction To Benefit Music Rising”, to take place December 11, 2021. The live and online auction will offer a significant collection of guitars and other music memorabilia by some of the world’s most prominent musicians and friends of Music Rising. The auction will help support the musicians of the NOLA region after a long period being without income.
“Guitar Icons: A Musical Instrument Auction To Benefit Music Rising” includes an exclusive collection of important instruments donated by friends of the charity.
All of the instruments have a unique and special story and provenance and together make up an extraordinary example of some of the greatest moments in music history.
- The Edge‘s 2005 limited edition Gibson Les Paul Music Rising guitar, often referred to as the “One” guitar given its use on “The Joshua Tree” tours of 2017 and 2019 during performances of the hit “One”.
- Lou Reed‘s Danny Gatton Fender Stratocaster nicknamed “Goldie”. Reed‘s love of this guitar can be seen in the patina and wear throughout and can be seen in videos of Reed playing his rendition of “Jealous Guy” at Radio City Music Hall, as well as on tour during 2005-2006.
- Slash‘s signed Gibson Custom Shop “Victoria” Les Paul Goldtop model electric guitar with original drawing by Slash of “Skully” on the top of the guitar.
- RUSH‘s Alex Lifeson‘s tour-used signature Hughes & Kettner RUSH amp and cabinet half stack used extensively on the 40th-anniversary tour “Vapor Trails”, “Snakes & Arrows” and “Time Machine” tour.
- Alice Cooper‘s tournament used “Big Bertha” golf clubs in a customized “Alice Cooper” bag.
- KISS‘s Paul Stanley‘s one-of-a-kind tour-played Ibanez custom shop guitar.
- Joe Walsh‘s “Bono” Irish Falcon Gretsch guitar.
- THE EAGLES‘ Don Felder‘s signed Epiphone G-1275 double neck electric guitar and signed art print.
- Vince Gill‘s THE EAGLES concert-played Duesenberg Bonneville guitar.
- THE ROLLING STONES‘ Ronnie Wood‘s signed American original 50’s Fender Stratocaster.
- Steve Miller‘s signed original and hand painted Maccaferri guitar.
- HALESTORM‘s Lzzy Hale‘s signed tour-played prototype signature Epiphone Explorer guitar.
- Flea‘s RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS band signed signature Fender Jazz Bass.
- Joan Jett‘s signature Gibson worn white Melody Maker.
- Johnny Marr‘s signed studio-played limited Fender Jaguar guitar.
- a Dave Grohl signed Gibson Explorer guitar.
Music Rising was co-founded by The Edge and Ezrin, along with a host of music industry partners in 2005 after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Since its inception, Music Rising has provided millions of dollars in aid to musicians and recipients of music education across the country.
The auction will take place at Van Eaton Galleries located at 13613 Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks, California beginning at 10:00 a.m. PDT on Saturday, December 11, 2021. The auction will also stream live and be online via various auction platforms all available through vegalleries.com/musicrising. Proceeds from the auction will be administered by the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation on behalf of Music Rising. For more information, visit MusicRising.com and Van Eaton Galleries auction for Music Rising.