UPDATED May 14, 2018 for GDPR Compliance.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary goal in collecting personal information about you is to provide a satisfying experience that allows you to learn helpful information and/or purchase our products and services online from our Website.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Order, Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a product or service–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Email Information: You Opt-In with your email address, and name, state and/or birthdate, for our Educational Newsletter, Coupons or other Sales Promotions and Email Product/Services Updates or support services.
- Communications With Us (Howdy!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (such as for your website or your Polldaddy survey). For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password), or to your MailChimp or other ESP email marketing account, or your social media accounts or to any purchased WordPress Plugin that we may need to access to perform service(s) for you.
We collect Device Information automatically using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our ecommerce product or service orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Bernadette Productions, LLC, third parties, or the public at large.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
If you are a resident of the European Union, our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(6) Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you are a resident of an EU [ https://www.gov.uk/eu-eea] member country, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the Contact Us information section below.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
All personal information is stored on our secure Web server and internal systems. We use industry standard measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your information once it is in our care. This website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where ordering with personal information is required. To make purchases you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this site. We do not knowingly solicit, collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors under 18 years of age. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites. You should read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
In the (unlikely) event our company goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. Notice of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information will be posted prominently on this website at that time.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
The House of Hair
7051 Hwy 70 South, Suite 138
Nashville, TN 37221